Sunday 4 October 2020

Sock knitting

The last time I picked up knitting needles was on holiday in Spain in January. I love knitting socks and have a number of pairs I wear all the time, why did I stop knitting?  I’m guessing with all the chaos and constant worry over the pandemic I needed something new to work on and after a spell of not wanting to do anything, I turned to quilting and have made a number of quilts and other sewing items.

Saturday evening I suddenly had the urge to knit and found the pair of socks I had been working on ten months ago. One sock was complete, the other had the heel turn completed. It took me an age to work out where I had left off and how to continue, but I managed a few rows and will work on them in the evenings while watching TV. With the sudden change in the seasons and colder weather I will be wearing these socks soon.
I think these are the dullest socks I have made, normally I like very colourful socks.
I’m guessing the wool was on an offer I could not refuse!
  I love how the wool is designed that both socks turn out the same pattern wise.
I have a number of pairs of Regia Pairfect socks and wash them in the washing machine on a 30 minute cool wash, dry them on a heated rail and have never had a problem unlike some of the more expensive yarns I have bought!

1 comment:

Vera said...

Sock wool has changed so much over the years, its lovely to see how the pattern comes out. Remember my Grandma knitting socks when I was young & no bright colours them. Knitted socks are so warm must knit myself more pairs

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...