Friday 23 October 2020

Cozy Things and Sewcialites

I started two new ‘quilt alongs’ this week, one being Cozy Things for 9 weeks the other Sewcialites for 36 weeks.

The Cozy Things Mystery quilt is run and designed by Pat Sloan and based on the Danish lifestyle called Hygge.
I had not heard of Hygge so have sent for a book about it.

Each week Pat tells us a little more about the lifestyle. 
Week 1 was make a Cozy List, being a list of all the things that make you feel cozy. As I am playing catch up I have not attempted this yet.
Week 2 is Candles.. I can really relate to this, every evening I light a number of candles and it is so relaxing and cozy.
I am using a Lewis and Irene Layer Cake [ 42 pieces of fabric 10 x 10 inches.] called Scarecrow Acres.
Putting myself out of my comfort zone I am using black with a fine grey line in it as a background.

The Sewcialites Quilt Along is run by the Fat Quarter Shop and so far four blocks have been released, I still have one to make.
For this project I am using my stash of Dimples fabric, one of my favourites and I have lots of colours.
Each block will have just one colour and the background white on white.
A number of different designers were used.
#2 By Lisa Bongean called Loyal Block
#3 By Brigitte Heltland called Affection Block
#4 By Vanessa Goertzen called Spirited Block.
Lots of Leaders and Enders blocks for my collection while making these blocks.

All the patterns are free to download if you want to join me.

Appreciate your comments below....




No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...