Wednesday 28 October 2020

It was going so well!

Today was going so well, after weeks trying to get someone to cut the hedge two guys arrived at 8am and worked like crazy to trim the sides and reduce the height by about 8 inches. I hasten to add the main Arborist looked like he should be in school and not a qualified tree surgeon, boy! do I feel old. His assistant did a good job of clearing up the cut wood and now it smells like Christmas in the garden with the cut pine.
 
Early morning view from the bedroom

The hedge trimmed and looking its best.

I have been working on putting my USA stars together and everything was going so well until the light went out!

I cannot remember ever changing the light bulb and the machine is well over 20 years old.
However I do remember a quilting residential workshop years ago where we were advised to carry a spare bulb.
I wonder if I have still got the spare bulb and was it for this machine?  A quick search and BINGO I found not one but two spare bulbs.

I even found the gadget to get the old bulb out and new bulb in. The Riva bulb looked promising as it was the same size and being a Daylight bulb would give me more light. I managed to instal it... nothing! It was damaged even though it was still in the original packet for £2.95

The other bulb is for a Janome, has the same fitting but it is not long enough and I cannot get it to fit.

Amazon Prime to the rescue, new bulb ordered £6.99 but Chris assures me it will be brighter than the old one, I now have to wait for it to arrive.

1 comment:

Vera said...

That is a lot of hedge to cut, best to get men in sometimes for the jobs

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...