Saturday 18 September 2021

Hope

My word of the year is HOPE, when I choose this word in January I had no idea how much i would need it.

A week ago we decided to take a 6 day trip to a local Caravan site, before I needed a biopsy on the 29th. It has been a round of MRI’s scanners and hospital visits for the lung and brain cancer.

Saturday was glorious as we pulled into Covert CL at West Haddon.
The new awning was ideal for lounging in and admiring the views.

Sunday I had another bad turn and an ambulance was called, followed by almost ten hours in A & E.
We stayed home hoping to resume our trip when i recovered.

Monday I passed out in the shower and again had to be rescued by an ambulance and spent another seven hours in A & E.

All the ambulance crews and NHS staff were wonderful and I cannot praise them enough..

I am black and blue from the nurses and doctors trying to get blood out of me!!

Tuesday was very much a rest day at home.
Wednesday Richard went and helped Chris collect the caravan, while Jacq and Eleanor stayed with me.
Thursday and Friday i did very little as I hurt my replacement knee when I passed out.
I only sleep for about 4 hours due to the strong steroids I am on, so I pass most of the night watching podcasts, I have discovered a whole new world.

They have moved my Biopsy to 23rd, which I am pleased about as then they can sort out a treatment plan.

While all this was going on we had ordered new furniture which arrived at 8.30 this morning, and Chris is unpacking it now.
Three new chairs and a stool.

Thank you for all the prayers, cards and flowers they have given me HOPE.





1 comment:

Vera said...

Praying for you

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...