Tuesday 28 September 2021

The Project Bag

I thought I would like to make a project bag, not that i have a project in mind!
Having found an orphan block from some time ago, i dusted off the vinyl, purchased long long ago and an old orange zip.

It was to be a bit of an experiment as I still have the shakes, and sewing is not easy for me at the moment.

Firstly I attached Iron on Pellon  to the lining fabric [grey] and made a sandwich with my orphan block, did some simple quilting to hold it altogether.
Attached the zip in place, damaged a needle on the metal, should have used a more modern zip!
Cut the vinyl and using Wonder clips sewed fabric to the sides, and finally put the binding on.

It is probably the worst attachment of binding but at least I was sewing again.
Orphan block for the back.
Front with it’s see through pocket and I found a skein of wool charm for a zip pull.

I was pleased I could actually accomplish something in my Happy Room, and will try to make more.




2 comments:

Judypam said...

Brilliant job - well done Diana - it's super. xx

Vera said...

That is so useful for putting work in

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...