Sunday 19 December 2021

Busy week

This coming week leading to Christmas seems very busy.  I have a chiropodist coming to sort out my feet, the district nurse, a call to my surgeon. Tesco delivery and the car goes in for a service plus someone is coming to trim the hedge and a friend is visiting. My guess is this will all be added to. Life is never dull.

I have been reducing the steroids I take, started with 16mg and I’m down to 3mg, 1/2 a week reduction, but i am feeling better for it, however i am on lots of other pills, I rattle!

The Covid situation has meant different doctors and surgeons have changed from my visiting at the hospital to phone calls. I am trying to stay as safe as I can and pleased not to go out. 

Richard brought over a load of Christmas gifts and i can hardly get in my Happy Room now, it looks like Santa’s grotto. The family and Jacq’s sister, are coming here for Christmas Day and bringing all the food with them. They will all take the Covid test before they come.

I have been working on my Victorian Sampler and the mystery sock.

Pleased with the progress I have made. In fact I managed to get the w x z in pink sewn before I came to bed.

Loved Strictly  Come Dancing this year and so pleased Rose, who is deaf, won the glitter ball, she has done so much for the deaf community in taking part in the dancing.

Almost time for breakfast and today I think I’ll have porridge and a Persimmon [i love this fruit when it is in season].


1 comment:

Vera said...

It was good Rose won Strictly, she is an inspiration for hard of hearing people. Looked at some of my x stitch I did on Linen but glad I can still do them on 14ct Aida with the help of a bright lamp. Been to a Carol Service in our local Park lots there all braving the cold. Got our one at Church next Friday evening. I also have the Chirpodist coming this week so will be dancing about once he has been along with Hairdresser who comes to me. Its our oldest sons 41st Birthday this week so taking him out for lunch

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...