Started by removing the tearaway from the ABC alphabet I made some time ago and cutting them all into 6 1/2inch squares. I wish I could rotary cut sitting down but I just cannot, so my legs were killing me by the time I had finished. Standing is the worst thing for my poor old knees.
I then worked out a plan to make them into a quilt using four sheep blocks I already had. That involved more tear away removal and cutting to size, this time 6 1/2 x 9 1/2inches.
I needed more sheep, the flock of four was just not enough, so spent the afternoon making two more sheep. Now I have back ache to go with my leg ache, but feel pretty pleased that I have all the components for a reasonable size childs quilt.
If I have more free time tomorrow I will try and get them put together and decide on the borders and backing.
|My Happy Room flock of sheep appliqued with fleece fabric.|