Wednesday 20 January 2016

Hamtune Quilters Meeting

I attended an interesting meeting  last night at Hamtune Quilters. We were all asked to roll two dice, one with numbers 1 to 6 on, the other with letters A to F. Each number related to a colour and each letter to a block design.
I rolled Red and Courthouse Step Block.
The idea is to make a quilt for either yourself or a charity using the choice made by the dice.

I now need to sort out the size of block I will make and the fabric, hopefully from my stash that I will use.

While at the meeting I managed to complete sewing the binding down on the small jelly roll quilt I made last week.
Hooping up at random I used my embroidery machine to quilt the fabric layers together

Design chosen from the backing fabric

The completed quilt

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...