Saturday, 9 July 2016

Dutch blocks

Sorting through my cupboards I came across a set of 'Dutch girl' machine embroidery that I had completely forgotten about. I think I made them to make into a hanging holder for quilt rulers, which obviously never happened.

I have been needing a thin large bag to hold my cutting mat and rulers I take to workshops so I thought I would set to and try and make one using these odd blocks. Another rummage in the cupboard and I found a pretty blue flowered fabric that I thought would go well with the Dutch girls.
Adding a bit here and there I managed to make the perfect size bag to hold my cutting mat and rulers.
Front of the bag

Back of the ruler bag.
I also did a little more to the Dog Panel I started on a workshop with Trish at Coleman's Warehouse yesterday.
Trish's sample

Trish demonstrating binding.
She is a great teacher and now appears on the Hocanda TV show with Debbie Shore.


No comments:

November IAM craft day

November IAM craft day was such fun, there seemed to be lots to laugh about and the day went far too quickly. Show and tell was great... ...