Friday 17 January 2014

Kimono progress

Kimono sampler
I have been working on my Kimono embroidery sampler most days and thought you might like to see the progress I have made.

I am really enjoying this sampler as there are so many different stitches and colours of DMC threads used to make it. Thank goodness I have two complete sets of DMC embroidery threads. I should have sewn the dark blue inner lines before I started, but as usual did not read the instruction properly! so had to add them after starting the work. The lines were made with six strands of DMC blue laid across the work and sewn down with four stands in tent stitch, so really stand out. The majority of the rest of the sampler is worked with four strands.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...