Monday 20 January 2014

The Sewing Machine

Since my knee replacement six weeks ago I have set myself little targets each day to try and get back to normal [ whatever that is!].

Today was the big day... I decided to try using my sewing machine for the first time. I had no idea how much we use our knee when sewing, guess its something we just take for granted. My Brother sewing machine can be used with either a button [which I just do not get on with] or a foot pedal.
THE block!

I gathered all the things I would need to make a foundation pieced log cabin block dragged a chair to the machine and started sewing. I like to use a knee lift but found this impossible at the moment [ guess that will be a challenge for another day!]

I managed to make the block and feel like I've just won the lottery!
Not sure I will be able to make too many of them today as it is not easy but at least its a start.



With a bit of luck this using my right leg, with its new knee, on the sewing machine will be good practise for driving my automatic car again soon.

1 comment:

DUSTY said...

Nice quilt block, don't overdo. But get well quick.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...