Thursday 7 June 2018

Blue Blue and more blue

I seem to be going through a BLUE period, which is unusual for me as I am very much a RED person!

About a month ago I started knitting a Hill Top Shawl by Helen Stewart using a 4mm 100cm long circular needle. I love her patterns as every row is listed and also the number of stitches that should be on the needles each row. Starting with a cast on of only five stitches it quickly increased to 383!

I used 4ply yarn, (25% wool and 75% Polyacryl,) by Dy choice bought on sale for the princely sum of £2 it knitted up fairly well.

I have been having a problem with my hands and terrible cramp, this is under investigation by the Doctor and I await a series of blood tests. The weight of the knitting project probably did not help.
At one point I knitted two rows of garter stitch too many, 608 stitches, there was no way I was going to undo that many, so I adjusted the next set of garter stitches to match it... life is too short to go backwards!
Blocking the finished shawl, as soon as I completed the pinning I realised it was upside down, hey ho!


My Christmas Tree modelling the shawl in the sunshine
BLUE item number two... to give my hands a rest I started a new quilt, rail fence with diamonds.
Again I choose BLUE, a jelly roll this time with an accent yellow diamond.

It will probably be a charity quilt and I have not really decided on the size yet.
Using my EQ7 computer programme I have worked out quantities for a 39x51  or a 50x60  size quilt.

Joining three strips together and cutting into 6 1/2 squares

Adding a few diamonds and laying out a few blocks to see the effect.



1 comment:

Christa said...

I like the effect of your color choices for your quilt very much! It looks great.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...