Saturday 30 June 2018

The SUN effect

I think the sun is having a strange effect on me! I don't seem able to stop knitting, sewing, gardening and generally doing things. Long may it last.

On the gardening front the raspberries are ready to pick two months early. They normally are ready in late August / September. We are still eating raspberries from last year as we had such a bumper crop, not that I am complaining. One of my favourite desserts and only 23 cals is sugar free jelly with raspberries this time of year I could eat it everyday.
The duckweek in the pond is out of control so I am making a real effort to eradicate as much as I can every time I go out to feed the fish.

My new 'Swift' arrived and I have been keen to try it out and wind some of my bargain wool. A search of my room found the only place it would fit was to my computer table, slight problem that my wool winder will only fit to a low coffee table. I placed the coffee table on my sewing table and Bingo it worked a treat and with in a couple of minutes I had two skeins of wool wound into cakes.

Strange set-up but it worked.
Last night I managed to complete one half of a pair of socks, more about them later when I complete the pair...  Also in another mad moment I have joined the  LeTour de Sock group. Based on the Tour de France [ which I love watching] it is a mad session of sock knitting with prizes and raises funds for charity. Follow the link for more information.
Right hand sock with pretty pattern and a different toe finish just needs its partner.

The weather here is still glorious and seems a shame to waste it by not washing some of my quilts.
This quilt is on Abigail's bed when she stays here and had it's first wash in the washing machine. I used a quick cycle and placed a colour catcher in with it 'just in case'.
This is my kind of washing

Close up of the hand stitching

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...