Monday 11 January 2021

The past six days

The past six days have been very stressful, and although I have managed a little sewing, I have spent more time feeling sad for my friends.
My friend Elayne, who I met 50 years ago and together with her husband were witnesses to our marriage died, having suffered with dementia.
Albert the husband of my friend Gill, who I have known for 58 years died three days ago.
A number of people I know really well have contracted the Covid Virus, mostly it would seem through school age children, it seems to be rife in the local schools.   A few friends my age have been offered the vaccine, but no news yet for us.

So much sadness and constant worry.

My steam iron spat brown water on fabric I was ironing, even though I change the filter regularly and use bottle water as recommended. Luckily I still have an old iron that is nowhere near as good but does the job.

At the beginning of January Chris and I decided to see if we could last the month without spending any money, other than the grocery shop that is delivered to the door. All the upset and problems of the last six days would have driven me to buying things, but so far I have resisted, although the shopping list for February is getting longer!

I managed to get the final border on my Barn quilt and as soon as lockdown ends it will go to be long arm quilted.
Ready with batting and backing for the LAQer.

Women of the Bible Quilt


I have been reading the stories of the 40 women of the bible mentioned in this quilt, and preparing blocks ready for machining.
I find if I prepare a number of blocks in one go, it is motivating to pick up each individual ‘block kit’ and work on it.

I already have 12 blocks made, labelled and ‘stuck’ to my temporary design wall.
The tones of blue with the beige background are most unusual colours for me, but I am loving the feel of this quilt.
The blocks are different sizes, which makes for an interesting quilt eventually.

Row1] Naomi, Esther and Bethsheba
Row2] Eve, Judith and Rachel
Row3] Rebekah, Hagar, Ruth and Mrs Noah
Row4] Jezebel and Sarah

Nellie the Elephant still has no friends at the moment !  

If anyone knows how to get the creases out of a flannel backed tablecloth please leave me a comment.

Stay safe and HOPE for a better times to come.








2 comments:

Vera said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of friends, it is a hard time for us all trying to keep safe. When our children work is stressful as we worry about them no matter their age. Now none of us can see them even harder. You are in my thoughts & prayers

Anonymous said...

If you wet the tablecloth down and throw it in the dryer on low this will take care of the wrinkles. Check often!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...