Saturday 16 January 2021

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Ten years ago today I was baptised into the Duston Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I have never regretted it for a minute and although I am the only member in my family, I have ancestors that made the trip from Leicestershire to Salt Lake City in the early days of the church.

I continue to work on my quilt ‘Women of the Bible’ and study their lives.
Top Row: Asenath, Deborah and Tamar
Middle row: Jephtah’s daughter, Miriam and Jael 
Bottom Row:  Potipher’s wife and Rabah.

Also on my design wall: Nellie the elephant and Block 14 of the Sewcialites weekly blocks.





2 comments:

Vera said...

The quilt is really taking shape. They have very good family History records use to go to the one in Kensington when we lived in Enfield how far back have you gone on you family? Got to 1760 on Dads side they came from Lincolnshire. Did most of the research in the days when you had to go through the micro fish at the Records Offices, enjoyed it though.

Happy Room Diana said...

Micro fish gave me a laugh, all these little fish in the records office !

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...