Tuesday 12 January 2021

Thoughts of holidays and the long lost object.

While away in the caravan last year I visited a quilt fabric shop and bought a metre of Caravan fabric, I could not resist it jolly colours.

In a mad moment I decided to just quilt the fabric as is, it was too nice to cut up into a more traditional patchwork design. I cross hatched the fabric and used the ‘birthing’ method to back it. When using this method of backing I always cut the backing in half, sew it back together leaving a gap to ‘birth’ the finished item, I find it better than leaving a gap on the edge, where it never seems to lie flat. [Does this make sense?]

Two place mats, with heat resistant batting and the joined together backing which now just needs a few stitches to close the hole.

I have enough caravan fabric left to make a couple of drawstring bags, they are on my ever growing list of things I want to make.

Guess what I found ?????
I bought these two special candles while on holiday in Spain January 2020 for Chris’s birthday in September.
Needless to say with the pandemic raging his birthday was a small affair with two pairs of friends for a meal out. I did however search for the hidden candles and just could not find them until yesterday FOUR months too late!
Maybe when we are ‘back to normal’ we can celebrate his 70th, our March Anniversary, Christmas, Easter family birthdays etc etc... or just plain celebrate the end of Covid.

Stay safe everyone even our Doctors surgery is closed, except for telephone calls, as the pandemic is worse than ever around here.





1 comment:

Vera said...

Do that a lot put something away in a safe place, never to be found for a long time

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...