Tuesday 21 April 2020

The garden

Took a walk around the garden and Spring is definitely in the air.
I cannot believe this Geranium is still in flower, I have never know one last through the winter before.

I love Lavender and this plant is about to put on a lovely display.

The Rhododendron rescued from my Uncles house many years ago is just in bud.

The Raspberry bed given to me by my sister a few years ago was cut to the ground on Valentine’s Day and now has a lot of new growth.
I can expect a bumper crop in August/September again.

The Wisteria hanging over the raspberry bed will be a picture with a new more days of sunshine.


1 comment:

Christa said...

Ah, nature is so wonderful. Living in a 55+ community we don't do much gardening (by choice) but so enjoy when something is blooming in ours. Of course it is always a surprise discovering something when on a walk. Even weeds can be beautiful. The other day I saw something (unknown to me) flowering in a strip of lawn in our "commons" and took a photo to find out what it was. I was wondering whether that would make a nice perennial in our flower beds. Found out it was very invasive and not to be desired. Sigh. Still enjoy it every time I walk past.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...