Sunday 19 April 2020

Visit to the surgery

What I thought was a really bad attack of IBS just did not get any better after two weeks, and I could stand the pain no longer, so phoned the surgery and the doctor agreed to see me in 20 minutes! Chris drove me to the surgery car park, first time in a car for 4 weeks! I had to wait in the car until they phoned to say I could go in, where all the staff were masked and gloved. The Doctor was wearing scrubs, a mask and gloves... it all looked like a bad dream.  
After a really good but painful examination it turns out I have pulled a muscle near my hip and may take weeks to improve. Ibuleve gel was recommended as I cannot take the tablets and paracetamol for the pain. To save going into the pharmacy I ordered the gel from Amazon Prime [what would we do with out this service at this time?] and it arrived next morning.

Two days have now passed and I cannot say I really feel any better, the worse thing being I struggle to use my sewing machine pedal, and of course all I want to do is sew.  I have made a little progress on my La Passion hand sewing project.
Completed stage One.

Staying safe, staying home and concocting meals from what I have. Luckily I have managed to get a few home deliveries and a neighbour offers to get me shopping if needed when she is going herself.  We will get through this terrible pandemic.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...