Tuesday 8 June 2021

Starflower ready for quilting

I managed to get all the blocks for the Starflower quilt joined together, and decided to quilt it myself using the Masking Tape method.
I glued the backing and batting together using June Taylor basting spray. I hate using sprays, but as it was a nice day I opened all the doors and windows to take away the smell and fumes. Then spent a happy half hour sitting outside watching my fish  and drinking a cup of Barley drink to recover.

Back in the Happy Room I stuck a strip of 2 inch [well actually it has gone metric and was not quite 2 inches] masking tape at an angle across the top. Next I measured 2 1/2 inches for the gap and stuck the next strip down, continuing this way until the whole quilt was covered in masking tape.

Time to sew either side of the masking tape, and I chose to use MAGIC thread I bought probably 20 to 25 years ago in the USA for $34.99 ! 
I have treasured this set of threads for SO long, I thought it was time to use it.
 
In the house the thread is colourless

Once it hits the light it changes to these vibrant colours, I chose the yellow for the top of the quilt and green in the bobbin.

Just a bit of fun, why did I keep them so long before opening the packet?






No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...