Friday 4 June 2021

Sewing Day with Clare

Yesterday my friend Clare joined me for a sewing day, there was far more chat than sewing after a year of not seeing each other!

I worked on my Starflower Quilt, joining the blocks and sashing.
Starflower lap size quilt using the fabric and pattern from one of my Sew Sampler boxes received from The Fat Quarter Shop in Texas.
One more border, in the background white to add. The binding will be in the pink fabric.
This will be a nice fresh looking lap quilt for the summer.

Clare worked on a couple of different projects.

I also had all the pieces ready for the Sewcialites 33 block, a sewing machine.
Loving my home made letters to keep me on track.

Just as Clare was leaving my package arrived from the USA so it was exciting to open it together.
Pat Sloan’s new Holiday Celebration book, a yummy package of Figs and Shirtings fat quarters.
A roll of Half Square triangles paper I want to try, a large piece of backing fabric and a caravan needle minder I could not resist.








3 comments:

Vera said...

The bundle of fabrics is so pretty, look forward to seeing them made into a quilt

Christa said...

I had to catch up with 4 of your blogs. We don't have a church secretary right now and guess who was conscripted? Have not done much else. Enjoyed your blogs. I can so imagine how much you enjoyed your sewing days with your friends! And as always ... you have done beautiful work. Wished I could do a sewing day with you!

Christa said...

I had to catch up with 4 of your blogs. We don't have a church secretary right now and guess who was conscripted? Have not done much else. Enjoyed your blogs. I can so imagine how much you enjoyed your sewing days with your friends! And as always ... you have done beautiful work. Wished I could do a sewing day with you!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...