Saturday 9 October 2021

My cosy corner

Due to my swollen legs [steroids] I made myself a Cosy corner in my Happy Room so that I could just swing around and get to everything.

I love the red sampler house quilt, so it had to go on my chair.

The stool under my table has two of Chris’s old teddies in it and is just the right height for my feet.
Behind the chair is a cutting board, felt ironing mat and iron. On the left my embroidery machine.
On the right my Pfaff faithful sewing machine.
My x stitch project is ready for me to pick up and even my new project bag has a project in it.

Happy Mail came today.
The Sew Sampler September Box that I subscribe to, from the Fat Quarter Shop.
I love receiving these boxes, they always contain such nice fabric and cute accessories.
There is a bowl cozy template in this months box, so I need to try and make one.
I also have to catch up with the monthly block pattern, I did not make last months yet.
Standing to cut out blocks is not so easy, but I take it slow.

To try an improve my legs I am trying to walk a thousand steps a day around the house. This is twice as much as I have been able to manage but I think it helps. Yesterday I managed just over the thousand, which does not sound much to my normal walking but its a goal.

Good news I have my appointment for the next investigative procedure on the 15th. Definitely not looking forward to it but it’s another step on this journey. Called an EBUS it involves a camera down my throat into my lungs at 8.30 in the morning! So back in isolation after my Covid test.
This will mean not being able to see my son on his 50th birthday.




1 comment:

Vera said...

1,000 steps is good, it keeps your muscles working

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...