Thursday 7 October 2021

The Struggle

Yesterday was a struggle for me, I could not get up from chairs etc without Chris’s help. 
So a new chair was purchased for the dining room table and other helpful equipment that hopefully will come in the next couple of days.
I’m afraid it made me feel a bit low and all is due to the Steroids. I also have an appointment for my Covid booster and yet another blood test.

There is nothing like spending money on a little treat to cheer me up, so I bought a new dressing gown Kimono style in bright red.

I watched a number of YouTube broadcasts and tackled my red x stitch.
After the start day when I thought I could not do it, I found my hands worked OK and I really enjoyed working on it.
It brought a kind of peace to me. 
I have made myself a kind of nest in. My Happy Room, where I can get up from a chair and everything is within easy reach.

YouTubes I watched
Little Days of Wonderful, which is a Strictly sock along
Just get it done quilts
BarleyBears, which is one of my favourites and I have taken out a Patreon membership to have access to everything.
   Knitting and walks and a magazine. Their Pilot show is well worth a watch if you like Yorkshire History.
A new one to me Celeste Creates
A LDS conference talk
And Arne & Carlos, knit for a bit.

Hoping for a better day today, having just eaten two poached eggs on toast brought to me in bed !


1 comment:

Vera said...

The x stitch will be lovely when you have finished it. I am working on a large one Spring" with a lady dressed in different shades of Lilac going to dark purple. Gold work & lots of beads. Did another one in the series NOEL but some years ago it looks so nice hanging up

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...