Sunday 17 October 2021

Zweigart and Silk thread

A happy parcel arrived with a large piece of Zweigart 32 count linen and 6 skeins of Silk x stitch thread.
I am going to try working this sampler x stitch in silk, which is new to me.
Absolutely love the colour.

I did manage to work a little on
Plus I found a needle threader in my cupboard which after a bit of practice works better than the bent wire type.
I threaded up a number of needles and put them on my magnetic holder that came in one of the Sewing Boxes from the Fat Quarter shop.

A couple of nights ago I managed a little knitting.
Getting on well with sock number two, on the decrease.

An evening visit from two Missionary Sisters brought me a packet of home made cookies, which went down a treat.

Chris found a couple of pieces missing from his latest kit, so has sent to Lego for them.
This crane is looking good, and so many things work with the battery pack.

Yesterday was slightly difficult for me as I just could not get up from a chair without Chris’s help but I am hoping today with the aid of a water tablet my swollen legs feel better. 
The church service is still on Zoom which is a blessing so this morning I will be watching it.









1 comment:

Vera said...

Red really shows up the x stitching. Must look out for a good needle threader, do not like the wire ones. Getting new glasses in 2 weeks time so hope they might help & using a light on the work a great help. Hope you are soon feeling better

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...