Thursday 9 May 2019

The Happy Room is getting a sort out

I have been ruthlessly sorting out my Happy Room. One wall was emptied of pictures, items covering up holes from when I had a TV in here and  repainted by Chris [thanks for doing that]. A rail was positioned for me to hang a quilt on. It looks so much better now and has given me the umph to carry on sorting.  Three large plastic boxes that live high above my cupboards came down for me to sort through them. Machine embroidery panels, trapunto tops, sashiko work, lap quilts and a load of things long forgotten suddenly saw the light of day.  Ruthless is my ‘in word’ this week and I have a box and two plastic bags of things to donate, I filled my waste bin and I have started working on a Gecko lap quilt that was probably started 10 years ago or more!
Sure feels good to be sorting out my room. I am trying to spend equal time sorting then quilting or working on my crochet... too much sorting is getting boring!!

Here’s my Gecko lap quilt being worked on...

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...