Wednesday 25 March 2020

Happy 48th Anniversary to us

The sun is shining, we have each other and I’m knitting while Chris scrubs the grouting in the shower room!
Happy 48th wonderful years to us.
Love the daffodils, a sign of Spring is in the air. [thanks Tesco delivery service]

Today would also have been my parents, Mary Ashby and Stan Simons 80th Anniversary.
I actually used my Mum’s wedding ring to get married in, then gave her it back, such happy memories.
Burton Latimer Parish Church 25th March 1940 with a guard of honour by the St John Ambulance Brigade holding the rods from stretchers.
I still have part of Mum’s wedding dress as due to the war and rations she cut it up and made my Christening dress from it in 1944.




No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...