Wednesday 18 March 2020

Isolation due to the Corona Virus

We have decided to isolate ourselves as much as possible, which is bringing out the ‘housewife’ in me!
A couple of days ago I made bread rolls, not brilliant but they were edible!
Today I have made two, what the family calls, Diana’s Fruit cakes. I throw everything in the mixer and hope for the best, it always seems to work out and the house smells yummy. 
250g butter or margarine 
250g sugar
500g self raising flour
750g sultanas or mixed fruit [ in my case this includes the glacé cherries]
4 eggs
1/2 pint milk
Mixed spice to taste

Mix it all together, use two loaf tins and cook for 90 minutes at 160 degrees in a fan oven [180C conventional oven]


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...