Saturday 14 March 2020

La Passion half inch EPP

In a mad moment I decided I needed a hand sewing project, and having searched the internet came across La Passion by Grit Kovacs, I was hooked. I bought the online pattern for 10 euros and printed it off, all 77 pages of it!!

There are 17260 half inch hexagons in the design! Again more research of the best way to tackle this large, will I live long enough, project. I decided on using the freezer paper method, and bought 200 ready cut 1/2 inch freezer paper hexagons from Daisy and Grace, I soon had this ironed and tacked to my fabric, so sent for 300 more while again researching how to cut my own. A Friskars cutter was the answer, but no one in the UK seemed to sell them so I had to send to the USA [through Amazon] and wait two weeks for it to arrive, which it did yesterday and I already have a paper cut to prove I have started using it.

A couple of days ago I started putting a few together and much to the amusement of my crafty friends I am loving the hand sewing. In the past the word HAND has always been a four letter swear word to me as I am much better known for using my sewing machine.

Goodness knows how old the ruler is but I thought it gave an indication of the size of the hexagons.

If you want to join me this is where I bought the pattern.   www.gritslifeshop.de 


1 comment:

Christa said...

Love your blogs but this photo doesn't open. I am a bit behind in reading so I better continue. Thanks.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...