Friday 5 June 2020

June is busting out all over

June is busting out all over... and here we are still in this pandemic and trying to get back to some sort of normality.

We have been enjoying some wonderfully sunny weather.
Chris decided to get on his knees and hand weed the drive and path around the house, a massive job, but it is looking really good.


We seem to have a grass snake take up residence around the pond, I tried to take a photo but he slid under the decking.
I would really appreciate it if he moved to someone else’s garden.. I really do not like snakes, but they are a protected species.


My friend Robina sadly passed away this week, she had been ill for some time. I met Robina when I was ten years old, 65 years ago! And we enjoyed each other’s company, even going on a wild holiday to the Lake District together when I was about 15, she was older than me so my parents let me go.
After she married and had twins she moved to the USA with her family, but we kept in touch and visited each other a number of times both in England and the USA, she will be sadly missed.
While sorting out her belongs her daughter found a bobbin I had given her, on one side it says “when this you see remember me” and my name and the date on the reverse. A happy memory that she kept it, even though she did not make lace.


Yesterday should have been our IAM craft meeting, as we still cannot meet I set up a Zoom meeting. Two members were unable to join us, two had a problem with Zoom, but the rest of us had a good time. Seeing and hearing each other was a real tonic, we even managed to have a ‘show and tell’.

Time to start the day today and rain is forecast,  the garden is in desperate need. A beautiful sunrise from the bedroom window.


Stay safe everyone, and if you have a moment I love to hear from you in the comments, they are all read by me before they appear on the blog.






1 comment:

Vera said...

All the gardens need rain but like to sit outside & x stitch but today cloudy & damp so made us a couple more face masks for when we need them. Keep safe enjoy your blog we are all missing our crafting ladies in my case knitting

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...