Thursday 11 June 2020

Rug and box cover

I was either given or won a 12 pack set of Fat Quarters, can’t actually remember where they came from but thought the colours were just right for the new summer house.



I started by cutting the FQ’s into 2 1/2 inch strips, and cutting the only wadding I have to hand into 2 1/4 inch strips.
Joined the strips together, still having to use my left foot on the pedal, into one extremely long snake.

Next the strips were lined with the wadding and both sides folded into the centre and machined down the middle.

The strips were then Zig Zagged together and ends covered.
A very old box, that has seen many different colours of fabric was then covered with the strips I had left over.
I also managed to find a piece of foam so it has a nice comfy top. It is such a handy box.

The colours go so well in the Summer House and the box is ideal for storage and putting my feet on... all I need is some sun!


1 comment:

Vera said...

Looks lovely, bring on the sun missing sitting outside

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...