Tuesday 30 June 2020

Raised beds

Progress is being made on the raised bed project. I rescued plants I wanted to save.
Chris has worked hard to remove the rest and sort the ground out.
Richard helped by removing the very heavy rockery stones, when they called for Fathers Day.
This corner of the garden was rather overgrown and a bit of a shambles. 
The day lilies are well past their best and the rockery never did really work.

The corner has been cleared, view from the house

View from the summer house. There will be 3 raised beds joined together in the far corner.
The tall Acer tree has had a ‘haircut’ to allow more light to the corner.

Yesterday the wood arrived from Hassett’s Wood Yard and was left of the front lawn, Chris moved it to the side of the house.

While all this was happening I was busy in the kitchen making my usual 2 loaves of bread. One to eat now and one to freeze.
The Courgette plant, seed sent me by my sister, has been going mad producing so I made two  Zucchini and Banana loaves substituting the nuts and cranberries with sultanas as that was all I had... the kitchen smelt delicious and as this was the first time I had made a Courgette/Zucchini loaf I am very pleased with the result. One frozen and one to eat now.
.
2 loaves and 2 Courgette loaves cooling on a rack.

I like to use the paper liners when making a cake and I only have one left so Amazon to the rescue, without thinking I ordered another pack of 40 and then realised deliver is August 10th... so no more cake making for 6 weeks!




1 comment:

Vera said...

I use Greaseproof/Baking parchment when I cook cakes, not shaped but can not have your family going without cakes until August. Your garden will look good when the work is done & all planted out

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...