Friday 26 June 2020

Moda Blockheads Catch up

In between watching the Battle of the Brits Tennis on Amazon Prime I have managed to do a little sewing.
It is really too hot to do much in the way of sewing but I so want t catch up with this weekly block offered for free by a number of different designers.

Block 23: Lucky Penny by Vanessa Goertzen. I made a sight error in the size of my cream squares, but I can live with it.
I buy my sewing machine needles by the hundred and change them often, always Schmetz 80.
I keep an old camera film case for the ‘dead needles’ and really like the little gadget I have for making it easy to change the needles, it has a hole shaped like the top of the needle which means the needle goes in the machine the right way round every time.

Top: Block 22, Hen and Chicks by Laurie Simpson
Middle: Block 19 Compass Point by Brigitte Heitland
Bottom: Block 16 Dream by Sherri McConnell

Four down and five left to catch up before next Wednesday, when block 25 will be ready to pick up. There are a total of 52 [ I think] .

1 comment:

Vera said...

Love the colours, look forward to seeing the finished quilt

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...