Saturday 13 June 2020

A wet walk

Out for our early morning walk, after resting my pulled muscle for a day. We went to the woods we visited a few days ago but it was so wet underfoot that I had to wring my socks out when I got home, better foot ware needed next time!
8.30 am and the sun is out, no need for a jacket. 
The past few days have been really cold and wet so there were lots of people about including a man releasing butterflies into the wood.
Happy to say everyone was respecting the two metre social distancing rule, and saying ‘good morning’.

As it was so wet we walked back along the side of the old railway, two volunteer men were busy building a new boarding ramp and working hard. I know the Railway Trust, which is run purely by volunteers, has been asking for donations as they have not been able to organise any fund raising events since the pandemic started. The Covid 19 has been so hard on small companies and charities.

As we passed the Ménage a couple of girls were riding their horses

Back home after I dried my feet, a cup of hot chocolate went down well, and three of my water lily flowers were just coming out.
Looks like it is going to be a nice day... stay safe everyone and leave me a comment if you have the time.


All comments are read by me before appearing on the blog.


1 comment:

Vera said...

It looks a lovely walk, shame it as wet underfoot. Today our walk was by the sea at Frinton, lots on the beach at 10.00 all looked settled down for the day

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...