Wednesday 22 July 2020

Day 2 Caravan holiday

We have been lucky with the weather, so far, enjoying dry sunny days.
Our second day started cold and crisp, almost autumnal, so a cooked breakfast was called for. Bacon and eggs are a rare treat and went down well.
However we needed a walk before lunch and followed a way marked route, which led across a ploughed field. This proved to be not too bad underfoot with the view in the distance of the tree line and a more level surface, how wrong can you be ? We crossed a small bridge and the route got harder and harder walking through very overgrown thistles and crops. It was too far to go back so with Chris’s help I managed to get through it. Eventually this led to a stile into the garden of a very modern looking house, still on the way marked route, we then hit the road back to camp and a much needed hot chocolate. My poor old knees and hips really were put through their paces.
Glad I remembered some walking shoes

The afternoon was spent napping and working a little on my hexie project.
We watched yet another beautiful sun set, but I was too tired to go outside for a photo.


1 comment:

Vera said...

That reminds me of my rambling days

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...