Friday 10 July 2020

Outside visit and washing on the line

This week has passed in a bit of a blur, we have been quite busy.

Tuesday we arranged to visit our friends Ann and Peter for a social distance in the garden, both Peter and Chris are ‘shielding’ so we knew we’d be OK.
We arrived and there was no one there!  Our wires were crossed and they were at our house wondering where we were !!
I really think this pandemic and strange way we are is living is sending us crazy, or is it just old age ?

Soon remedied, as we could get into their garden and sit and wait , where ours was behind a locked gate, they returned and we had a lovely morning chatting and enjoying their garden.

My Pointless Blockheads quilt, named because there is hardly a point on it! was quite a hit on facebook, and received lots of very nice comments.
Armed with the fact everyone seemed to think it was nice, I set to and backed it with fleece. I had to join two pieces together to make a piece large enough. I decided to do easy quilting and using my Creative Grids wavy ruler marked the top out in rows 4 inches apart using a quilters chalk pen.

This method of quilting is easy as even though I find it more difficult to stay on the line [probably need new glasses] it does not matter to the overall look of the quilt. Having quilted in one direction I repeated the marking and sewing in the other direction.

AGGGHHH! The yellow chalk I had used did not rub off.

I sewed down the binding by hand and threw it in the washing machine with a colour catcher on a 30 minute wash hoping for the best.

I’m pleased to say the chalk has all come out and it is now hanging on the line to dry.
Hoping the weather stays fine until it is dry.

The backing showing the two colours of fleece and the wavy line quilting.

Stay safe everyone and if you want to leave me a comment please do, I read them all before they appear on my blog.

1 comment:

Vera said...

The quit looks so nice, lots of work gone into making it. Been out & we had heavy rain, got home 1 mile away & had no rain there

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...