Sunday 23 May 2021

The gift

In between the constant showers I managed to get a photo of my beautiful Rhododendrons.
I am sure I’ve told this story before, but when my Uncle died and my Mum and I were clearing out his council flat we discovered in the garden a number of rhododendrons, I decided I would really like to keep one as I loved my Uncle Charlie and it would be a great reminder of him.
When I started to dig it out I found it had been planted in a large dustbin bag, it was still difficult to get it out but I managed it. Then I managed to get a couple more out, one for Mum’s garden and another for mine. Back home a large hole was made and in went the bin bag, both plants have survived, it was so worth the struggle to get them.

 
The white one is not as large as the red, both put on a lovely show at this time of year.

Yesterday I received a gift in the post from a sewing friend, thanks Christine.
These coasters are so cute and will look great on our next caravan trip.








2 comments:

Vera said...

The pink one is a lovely colour, both look happy where they are planted

Christa said...

The red rhododendron is so gorgeous. It is really paying you for rescuing it.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...