Monday 3 May 2021

The Friendship Bracelet

One of my Sew Sampler Boxes contained a pack of plain multi coloured Moda fabric together with what I can only call a Multi Colour Dot panel.
At around the same time as this arrived Pat Sloan put out a challenge to make a quilt from the new Jolly Bar Book Vol 3, and like her I chose to make the friendship bracelet quilt.
I managed to cut out all the pieces from the Moda plain fabric and use a white on white background fabric. It was quick and easy to make and I used the panel as the backing. 
My only real mistake, I decided to experiment with random wave line quilting, I am just not good at this and in future will either get my quilts longarm quilted or draw on a design and use my normal sewing machine.
Friendship Bracelet pattern on the front
Moda Bella Solids panel on the back.

The binding is 8 inch pieces of left over fabric joined and machined.




2 comments:

Vera said...

The colours work well together, never any good at quilting with my machine, normally end of with stitch in the ditch, think its called that!

Christa said...

Congratulations! Well done.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...