Monday 10 May 2021

Recycled mask and a new knitting box

I decided I had been wearing a mask for so long I need a couple of new ones. In 76 years I never thought I would say that!!
I had some disposable masks and decided to cut the wire nose part and elastic to reuse in a couple of home made ones.
I like many people that wear glasses find it hard to stop them steaming up but I wore the red one to church and had no problem even after an hour of service in doors.

I needed a new container for my knitting to fit on my little side table as most of the knitting I do is in the evenings watching TV.

I machine embroidered [pattern from Sweetpea I think] six five inch blocks and a couple of blocks with no embroidery for the bases.
Just the right size for the side table and ideal for my current knitting project, a pair of fingerless mittens.





1 comment:

Vera said...

I have made loads of masks, hope they last for everyone, with frequent washing but mine seem OK. Love the knitting container really good. tomorrow got to look for a plastic container for all my reels of cotton the box they are in is falling apart. Got a nice one from Poundland some years ago but they do not stock it now, got a handle on. Our Church is still not doing services, so we join them by Zoom most Sundays, its good you could go to yours

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...