Friday 7 August 2020

Leaders and Enders

I love following Bonnie K Hunter’s blog posts, she has some great ideas and I am sure has far more hours in her day than I do!

One idea is Leaders and Enders and I have thought about doing it for some time, probably years! Yesterday was ‘the day’ and I started by cutting out a pile of 2 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch background strips. They a light bulb moment I have a box of squares from about 15 may be more years ago and Bingo they are 1 1/2 inch squares, just what I need, and there are dozens if not hundreds of them.
Goodness knows when I made this box with its lift out shelf and handles. I was going through a box making period.

Hidden treasure inside, ready cut piles of 1 1/2 inch squares.
The lift out shelf is full of 1 inch squares, but they are going back until another inspiration hits me in another 15 years!

To get the feel of what I am doing I set too and made a complete square and prepared my piles of fabric in sets.
The one under the sewing machine needle will be the next Leader. I now have the sets in a container near my sewing
 machine to grab at the start and end of each time I use the machine.

If you want more info go to Quiltville.blogspot.com 


1 comment:

Vera said...

Love the box & a lot of work in the patchwork, a good find so you do not have to cut out all of the squares

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...