Thursday 20 August 2020

USA stars again

How many times have I dragged out my USA star blocks and put them away again?
The stars blocks were made using Carol Doak’s book of 50 USA paper pieced star patterns. I chose the States I had visited while teaching bobbin lace and taking holidays in the USA. Thirty of them. BUT how to put them together?
All 30 of them with their names pinned on.


I decided to ask a group I belong to on Facebook for ideas, how to put them together and how to keep the names of the States on them.
One suggestion was to use my Embroidery Machine to label them... why didn’t I think of that?
I set too and in small script embroidered the names on the blocks, using thread the colour of one of the pieces of the blocks.
4 of the blocks with the State name sewed on

Tiny writing so you have to look closely.

I was also given ideas for sashing, that I like and will work on.



No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...