Friday 28 August 2020

The trees are growing

Today the ‘sew along’ with Pat Sloan started that I decided to join.
Perfect day for sewing as the weather is dreadful, torrential rain, I will not be surprised to see the fish in the pond taking off down the street !
Using this book, Vintage Christmas by Lori Holt, we are making Taking Home the Christmas Tree quilt. Always fun to be sewing along with people from all over the world.

I managed to cut out some of the fabric before our last trip away and today started putting some blocks together.

The two blocks of trees I have managed to make so far have not been pressed yet, there are four of these blocks in the design and 5 cars, yet to be started.

I decided to make all the tree blocks before reving up the engine and making the cars..

Please note all the starters and ends blocks that have been made while working on just these two blocks! The pile grows bigger each time I sew.
I also have a pile of half square triangles ready for another project cut from the flying geese ‘waste’, more about these in another post.

Time to get back in the forest and make more trees...


I really appreciate your comments and feedback, please drop me a comment below.


1 comment:

Vera said...

Look forward to seeing it finished. Us crafters have to make an early start. during lockdown I knitted a couple of "Santas Washing Lines", to hang in the windows

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...