Saturday 15 August 2020

The Hamper

When I purchased a set of crockery for the caravan it came in a wicker hamper. I did not need the hamper for the crockery and today I thought I would ‘recycle’ it as a container for my scrap fabrics.
I choose a fabric that is almost as old as I am , well not quite but you get my drift! Cut it to shape and thought it would be a five minute job to attach it to the hamper... WRONG... it has taken me forever to sew it to the tightly woven canes of the hamper, fingers are sore and I need a cuppa to recover !
I think it is looking quite smart and will be a great place for all the little bits of scrap fabric I seem to accumulate.
Plus it makes a great footstool when I am not using my sewing machine.

I forgot to put a picture of my three new quilt books...
I have plans for making a Christmas Tree quilt from the Vintage Christmas book, and the Birthday Cake design from the Perfect 10 Quilts book.
Both will be Sew Alongs with Pat Sloan, so I bought her book as well.
Luckily I have managed to find all the fabric from my stash except for the background fabric. After a lot of research and shock horror at the price of fabric these days, I managed to get just what I needed from Doughty’s on line and it was on sale, so a win win situation.






3 comments:

Vera said...

Look forward to seeing the quilts when they are finished

Happy Room Diana said...

Thanks Vera

Judypam said...

Great job on hamper. Happy sewing!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...