Monday 15 March 2021

Mothering Sunday

A huge surprise, a blue car pulled up outside our house on Mothering Sunday it was Abigail’s car and she was driving. Her Dad sat with her as its only the second or third time she has driven it with its L plates on. The journey was about 13 miles and she looked worn out! Apparently a police car had followed them, which is enough to make us all feel guilty even if we are not. After a little chat on the doorstep, she asked her Dad to drive home.
I so long for them to be able to come into the house like a normal family.

My steps for last week totalled 23089, 31 more than my first week.
I had an appointment for a BP test and blood test this morning so walked to the Doctor’s, where the door is locked and you have to wait until you are called before going in through all the Covid questions. 20 minutes standing in the cold no wonder my BP is high!
I walked back through the cemetery and the blossom is appearing on the cherry trees[?], a welcome cheery sight.

At last I have the binding on my Elephant quilt.
Really love this pattern, might think of doing it again.

I used a backing fabric from my stash and a multi coloured binding.
Backing and binding.

1 comment:

Vera said...

A lovely surprise seeing your son & Granddaughter. Been a sunny day here washing dried well which is good

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...