Wednesday 10 March 2021

Busy Wednesday

Up early this morning, yeast put to rise at 6.30, back to bed with a cup of Barley Cup, up again at 7.15 to work on bread and have breakfast.
Bread dough put near the radiator for its first rise while we went for a ‘wet’ walk.

Glad I have waterproof boots, but it was nice to get some fresh air walking along the side of the railway.

Bread then had its second rise and into the oven for exactly 30 minutes. I left Chris to get it out for me while I dropped off a quilt at the Longarm quilters [staying safe dropped at her door, no contact].

Two loaves left to cool.

Decided to make an ipad holder, followed a YouTube instruction.
Very easy to make, had to use pudding rice as it was the only rice I had !
My iPad has a cover containing a keyboard, so is quite bulky, this works great.

Postman then arrived with an arm full of parcel..
February Sew Sampler box is full of goodies and fabric that I love, the bobbin with the pins in is actually a magnet for holding pins in place.

Everything in the box is great and such a nice thing to receive on such a wet windy day.

I also received the latest Jolly Bar book Number 3.
Pat Sloan’s group will be making a quilt from this book next month, so I HAD to have it.

Something else I HAD to have was two pieces of fabric from Lady Sew and Sew.
One has gone as backing for my latest quilt, the other is the most adorable frog fabric.

With the early morning start and all the excitement today I need a nap!

Love to hear from you if you want to leave a comment
Diana 















1 comment:

Vera said...

The bread looks so tasty, not made any for a long time, so much better than shop bought bread. Been wet here all day we yesterday we sat outside in the sun. Not walked far today as my joints are painful so done some x stitch & knitting

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...