Friday 19 March 2021

Women of the Bible Quilt

My Women of the Bible Quilt is finally finished.
Pattern by the Stitching Tree.
Long Arm Quilting by Janie Rowthorn.

Blue is such an unusual colour for me, I am so Red Red everything Red !
Forgot to take a photo by the backing is red poppies!
It has been so interesting making this quilt, where there are different size blocks each of the 40 representing a different woman from the Bible.

I struggled with the completing and binding due to the weight of the completed quilt, it has been a long time since I made one this big. I did however sew the binding on by machine, which I am happy with.

Very muddy walk yesterday, in fact we had to abandon the plan and return home to wash trousers and shoes !

I managed to complete another pair of socks 
Legs and feet look so big from this angle !!




1 comment:

Vera said...

The quilt looks lovely so much work you out in it. I am a Pink lady. The socks look warm, years since I knitted any, must get some wool & knit myself another pair

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...