Monday 22 March 2021

Spring is officially here

It was the Spring Equinox on Saturday 20th, and although we have had some sunny mornings it is still very cold.
The March Walking challenge continues.
Week 1, 23058 steps
Week 2, 23089 steps 
Week 3, 25338 steps.
Each week I seem to be adding a few more steps, but it has really affected my sewing and crafting time. 
I am definitely a morning person and prefer to walk in the morning but then I get nothing done the rest of the day!

These pretty violets were spotted on a recent walk.
I also have a lot of paler violets in my garden, such a welcome sight.

My daughter in law sent me some flowers, LOTs of flowers
  
These three vases plus another I didn’t photograph. Cannot have too many flowers.
The jar on the right [originally holding a candle] has the nicest message I could not throw it away.
Recipe for love. A spoonful of smiles, A cup full of kisses and a handful of big hugs.

Although my sewing time has been drastically cut down I managed to make a new table runner
Machine Embroidered the design in the middle of each block instead of quilting it.
Now need to make some place mats to go with it.
Also made three Easter Mug rugs. 
The rotary cutter was a little treat and I show the back as it has an easy way to change the blade which is why I bought it.















1 comment:

Vera said...

The flowers are so pretty & spring colours, lovely. Your steps are impressive, mine are down at the moment, but do as much as I can. A lovely sunny day so nice to see the sun & sat outside when we got back from Asda & got the bunting up that I had knitted

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...