Friday 5 March 2021

Life at last

Having lost all our fish to a snake and heron last year, the pond has looked very lifeless.
I found a guy selling fish on Ebay that lived 15 miles from us, and asked if I bought a few could her deliver? He said Ok, so I purchased 25 thinking they were about 3 maybe 4 inches long. He arrived this morning with about 30+ very large fish and a number of smaller ones. It is so lovely to see some life in the pond again.
 
Hard to take a photo, they do not stay still!!

I noticed he was in a Builder Van so asked if he knew a roofer as we have a small problem with a leak in the Happy Room extension, he immediately got his ladder from his van and took a look, explained what the problem is [condensation from the roof felt] and said he could fix it together with the broken tile we have. 

Managed a bitterly cold walk this morning, and made my block of the day, but now I just want to look at the new fish!

Block 5 of March Hope







1 comment:

Vera said...

Hope they all keep safe away from snakes & herons & you are busy sewing a square each day. Had our walk round local roads up to 5972 steps today so feeling pleased with myself to walk that far. Thanks to the Physio who last year gave me exercises for my thigh muscles & its helped a lot. Have OA in most joints & some days could hardy walk. Got lightweight Skecher trainers & nearly back to my speed & distance from 7years ago. Maybe not country rambles again on hills & rough ground but can enjoy walks by the sea as well Have a good weekend

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...