Monday 1 March 2021

March 1st, busy busy busy

Last year throughout the pandemic I remained the same weight, but since Christmas and yet another round of lockdowns I have put on a few pounds, maybe because I could see no end to this virus!
Today is the start of a new month and I have decided to try and walk everyday, having not been for a walk in ages.

9 o’clock and I walked to the pharmacy and back through the cemetery, the crocus and daffodils certainly brighten the day.

This is the state of my sewing table, binding ready for the elephant quilt, blue filler blocks for my Women of the Bible quilt, leader/Enders blocks and of course a new project, March of Hope.

The March of Hope sew along by Pat Sloan is to make one block a day, everyday throughout March, and as HOPE is my word of the year I could not resist joining in.
I am using a small Jelly Roll, so all the blocks will be different. To give the eye a place to rest I am using the same fabric for the centres and the corners. 

In case you spotted the loo rolls on the windowsill, they have sweet pea seeds in them and are starting to show signs of growth, I love Spring.





2 comments:

Vera said...

I have a walk everyday & feel good for it, also now keeping track of my steps. Today they are over 6000 so happy with that, but it did include Asda & our weeks shopping. The gardens are all looking pretty here such a nice time of year. My weight keeps stable but having to be careful as been told I am Pre Diabetic & doing a Zoom course.

Christa said...

It took me a while to figure out what you meant with the loo rolls. Ha-ha, of course. Good use for them. Might have to try that. Also ... I too had to decide to do something about the numbers getting higher. Since getting really good walks in is not yet possible I thought I should take LENT a bit more serious. Good luck to us both, sigh.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...