Sunday 17 May 2020

Bread

Another successful bread making session. I use a slightly adapted recipe called Amish White Bread. I cut the sugar content in half and the first loaves i made were too sweet for us. I now have the recipe exacted as we like it, so I even went as far as to laminate the page.

After the yeast has started bubbling I place it and the flour in my Kenwood mixer, which must be 40 plus years old bought second hand from a friend, who is in fact on her second or third mixer since she sold it to me.  Next it is left on the windowsill in the sun for less than an hour to rise, looks like something from Quatermast, remember that programme ? I always watched from behind the sofa !!

I then knock it back by hand and put it in two tins, leave half an hour and then into the oven for exactly 30 mins with two large ice cubes in the bottom for steam.
Bingo two perfect loaves, one to eat now and one to freeze.
.

Sliced ready for tea time. I need to perfect my slicing as every slice comes out a different size even though I use an electric knife.
I usually get Chris to slice the whole loaf and then it’s stored in the Bread Bag.

All comments are moderated by me before appearing here. Please keep in touch, I love to hear from you.




No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...