Wednesday 20 May 2020

Labyrinth Quilt

The last couple of days I have spent some time in the New Summer House sewing down the binding on my Labyrinth quilt. This is not my favourite job but I prefer the hand finish to a machine finish.

The weather has been wonderful and as long as I have a shady place to sit, either near the pond watching the fish and newts plus the hundreds of tadpoles, or sitting in the Summer House I am happy.  Chris is the sunbather and likes nothing more than lying in full sun listening to music on his head phones.

I took my supplies and a drink to the summer house and worked on my quilt listening to an audiotape from our local library, they have a free service and I have enjoyed a number of books. I am listening to Stephen Fry’s book Mythos read by Stephen himself. I find his voice so nice to listen to, and have always loved the stories of Greek Mythology. I really admire the work that must have gone into writing this book.


The backing of the Labyrinth quilt, made from fabric found in my cupboard! 
Still a lot of decorating to do in the Summer House, but it will have to wait until we can venture out again safely.
The carpet from the old summer house almost fits and will do for now.



Difficult to get a good photo, so I hung it on my washing line.
The Long arm quilting design is also called Labyrinth, thank you Janie.

Considering I only started this quilt at the start of Lockdown and had to wait for the fabric ‘Dimples’ to arrive and then after sewing it together arrange for my son to take it to the longarm quilter and someone else to pick it up... it probably is one of the quickest quilts I have ever made.

I now want to work on miniature quilts, no more large ones!


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...