Friday 29 May 2020

I’m on a roll!!

Yesterday I needed to make bread and decided instead of two loaves I would use half the dough and make rolls.
No two are the same size or shape... I would not win The Bake Off, but they turned out reasonable well, and we had two of the smaller ones each for tea.
Today we will have Hot Dogs with the rest of them for lunch.

My plan to fill an empty wall space with mini quilts is jogging along.
The one with the boats on was made on a residential workshop in Leicestershire many years ago.
The very small one is the only one I have not made, it was bought in an Amish shop in Ohio.
The quilt just above Teddy who was also hand made by me [on a Belgian workshop] is made with half inch 9 patch squares and fussy cut animal prints.
I don’t remember when or where I made the centre mini quilt.
Ocean Scene and the flower block are this months makes, see previous blog posts.

Now I am eagerly awaiting for a book to arrive from the USA published by Laundry Basket Quilts. I think it has patterns for about 30 mini quilts... that should fill the wall if I make them all.

One of my IAM group sent me a picture of bluebells she had picked in her garden to cheer me up in this pandemic ‘stay at home’ time, I liked it so much I am using it as a screen saver... thanks Maureen. 

2 comments:

Christa said...

When my eyes happened to fall on my 4 Cotton Robin mini quilts I remembered this blog of yours? How about your Cotton Robins?

(Btw, I am welcoming comments to my blogs too. Did you see my sewing blogs lately?)

Happy Room Diana said...

Christa, my Cotton Robin quilts are hanging in my hallway, so will not be included on my 'new' mini quilt wall.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...